MOUNT VERNON, Ky. (AP) — Officials say a company that manufactures metal compressed air sprayers plans to open a production plant in eastern Kentucky that will create up to 100 jobs.
Gov. Andy Beshear said Tuesday in a statement that Chapin International Inc. plans to relocate part of existing operations in New York and Ohio to the facility in Rockcastle County.
The 175,000-square-foot plant will produce and distribute sprayers for a variety of uses.
Officials say the Mount Vernon location will help the company better serve customers throughout North America.
The plant is expected to start operating by end of this year.
(This story was originally published on September 30, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Andy Beshear gives daily COVID-19 update
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds a press conference
- Water Utility, Public Works Dept. remind property owners not to put leaves in street
- Target to offer shopping reservations to beat the holiday crowds
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date