FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky state Sen. Gerald Neal is hospitalized after testing positive for COVID-19.
Senate Minority Floor Leader Morgan McGarvey said Tuesday that Neal checked himself into the hospital as a precautionary measure. He says Neal is upbeat and his prognosis is good. Neal is a Louisville Democrat who has served in the Senate for 30-plus years.
Neal is the second Kentucky lawmaker in the past week to contract the coronavirus. Democratic state Rep. Attica Scott of Louisville announced Sunday that she tested positive for the virus and that she’ll quarantine for 14 days.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Beer to be released in multiple states. Yes Virginia, you’re included
- Authorities investigating after apparent murder suicide in Webster County
- Family mourning after loss due to COVID-19
- Congressman Brett Guthrie leads hearing on COVID-19 vaccine
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: New COVID concerns