(WEHT)- Since the emergence of COVID-19, researchers have been studying to see if people can get reinfected by COVID-19. Months later, scientists believe they’ve found an answer to that question.
Researchers in Hong Kong believe they’ve found a 33-year-old man who has been reinfected by the virus. However, scientists say the man’s immune system has recognized the virus and is not showing symptoms.
According to a study, the man only found out he had been reinfected because of a test he took after returning from travel. However, it’s still not clear if this is true for everyone.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business