NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Madisonville North Hopkins boys soccer advances to 2nd region championship game
- Henderson Co. blanks Hopkinsville in 2nd region semifinal
- Reitz boy’s tennis team heads to state for first time
- Home Team Friday Countdown: Week #9
- Almost one year after Tim Hemmings’ death, family says driver may not serve jail time