Four crews with the Indiana Department of Transportation are on standby waiting for word from the governor’s office in Florida.
They’re expected to get clearance soon so they can head down to Florida to help with disaster relief efforts.
A total of 18 INDOT workers are geared up and ready to go.
They’re expected to leave any minute Thursday – heading to the hardest hit areas.
INDOT Spokesman Jason Tiller said it’s important to provide support for those in need.
As we’ve previously reported, several local utility companies have deployed workers to the hardest hit areas.
At last check, Vectren officials said they had sent a total of 126 contractors to assist in the power restoration efforts.
(This story was originally published on September 14, 2017)