EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Catholic Diocese of Evansville announced 28 student-athletes and four coaches connected to one high school varsity team are in quarantine after two student-athletes tested positive for COVID-19.
The Diocese says the students and coaches will return to school, practice, and competition at the appropriate time, and contests over the next two weeks will be rescheduled as the season permits. School administration has notified families and staff regarding the positive tests. The tests are reportedly not related to any other positive tests within the Diocese, including two other positive cases reported Thursday.
School officials did not disclose which school or sport are affected, though two upcoming Memorial volleyball games have been canceled.
(This story was originally published on September 17, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside
- McLean County man arrested after motorcycle pursuit
- Governor: Kentucky resumes COVID-19 surge preparations