EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Former University of Evansville basketball coach Walter McCarty now has a second bank seeking money from defaulted loans.
Vanderburgh County Court records filed Thursday say McCarty defaulted on a $45,000 loan from First Federal Savings Bank.
McCarty signed a promissory note with First Federal Savings Bank in October 2018.
Court documents say McCarty failed to pay interest payments, as well as the the outstanding principal — due in October 2019 — for a total of $48,360.65.
Earlier this week, McCarty was ordered to appear in a Vanderburgh County Court after Old National Bank claims the former coach has yet to pay back a $75,000 loan.
McCarty appeared to respond on Twitter, tweeting “Stay tuned! I can wait to expose all these lies and untruths. I got a 30 for 30/ best seller for sure.“
(This story was originally published on Sept. 10, 2020)
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit
- New information on Jackson St. arson
- Fatal ATV crash in Dubois County
- Evansville City Council meets to discuss proposed amendment