LUDLOW, Ky. (AP) — Fire and police units are at the scene of a barge accident that set several boats adrift or sinking in the Ohio River.
The barge hit the Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club on Wednesday morning hard enough to partially submerge the marina’s bar and grill.
Kenton County Director of Homeland Security and Management Steve Hensley told news outlets six boats were knocked loose.
Hensley said there was one person on the barge and one person on one of the boats, but neither was injured.
Officials say the restaurant and patio of the yacht club were heavily damaged with some of it attached to the barge that struck it.
Ludlow Police Chief Scott Smith said the Coast Guard is investigating and the barge operator was being questioned.
- Chauvin trial aftermath: Lawmakers renew push for policing reform
- Indy 500 to host 135,000 in largest sports event in pandemic
- DOJ announces probe into Minneapolis policing practices following Chauvin verdict
- More COVID-19 cases reported at Henderson Co. Detention Center
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina