Note: This footage may not be suitable for all viewers
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Evansville Police Department released body cam footage from an officer-involved shooting that happened June 2nd.
Officers responded to a report that 35-year-old Donald Woosley Jr. was threatening people with a knife on the 2900 block of Ree St. in Evansville, adding that Woosley Jr. reportedly had a gas can and threatened to set his mother’s house on fire.
Police say officers Eagleson and Maier gave Woolsey Jr. several instructions to drop the knife but he continued to come towards them as they retreated.
According to the EPD, Eagleson fired seven shots, hitting Woolsey Jr. in the stomach and arm. Woolsey then received medical care at the scene and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
(This story was originally published on June 16, 2020)
- EPD will not require officers to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Several changes coming to Vanderburgh Superior Court beginning Monday
- Evansville officials encourage residents to ‘love local’ businesses
- Old National Events Plaza receives national award
- Eligibility rules for Daviess Co. bar and restaurant fund explained