MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- Multiple dog food brands recalled over a substance that could harm your pet
- Country music star leaves $1,000 tip for waitress working a double while caring for her daughter
- Mask sales resurging after once fading
- CDC data shows delta variant spreads as easily as chickenpox: report
- New Russian lab briefly knocks space station out of position