CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson said 23 football players have tested positive for the coronavirus since the athletes returned to campus this month.
The school in all there have been 28 positive tests for COVID-19, including two football staffers and three athletes from other sports.
None of those contracting the virus have been hospitalized.
Those testing positive are isolated for at least 10 days.
The uptick at Clemson is similar to one in the state of South Carolina, which reported a single-day high of 1,081 cases on Friday.
(This story was originally published on June 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- EVSC and VCHD to host vaccine clinics at area high schools
- Warning lights installed at Hwy 65 Boonville-New Harmony Rd intersection
- Where are they on that project: Apollo High School expansion
- Purdue Extension announces Add a Row produce share program
- Kentucky schools inform families of “redo” school year option