POSEY CO., Ind (WEHT) The Posey County commission has approved an ordinance prohibiting meetings of 150 people or more without Health Board approval. This is similar to the restriction on public gatherings issued by Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke that is now in effect.
The restriction in Posey County includes all events, including high school athletic events. The order goes into effect Monday, Oct. 26, and it lasts for one week.
Posey County has seen a sharp rise in COVID cases in the past few weeks. The county has reported 365 new cases, and two deaths so far this month. On Saturday and Sunday alone, they reported 38 new cases.
(This story was originally published on Oct. 20, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS NEWS:
- Avoiding the virus: Here’s how to manage your risk
- Warrick County middle schools to suspend extra-curricular activities
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- IDPH: 10,526 new confirmed & probable COVID-19 cases; 148 additional deaths
- Americans couldn’t resist Thanksgiving travel, data shows