MUNCIE, Ind. — Ball State University President Geoffrey Mearns is quarantining after he tested “presumptively positive” for COVID-19, the university announced Saturday.
Ball State says Mearns is without symptoms and is following all CDC guidelines and university protocols, including having completed contact tracing.
Out of an abundance of caution, Mearns took a PCR test Friday in anticipation of cheering on the Cardinals in person for Ball State’s football game against Western Michigan, according to BSU.
Mearns and his wife, Jennifer, who is also without symptoms, are quarantining at their home.
(This story was originally published on December 14, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left
- Owensboro teachers, staff to receive COVID-19 vaccine next week
- Owensboro Christian Church to be used for overflow during White Flag event
- Business owner reacts to fake email notice
- CenterPoint Energy gives $535K grant to Southwestern Indiana YMCA