INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WEHT) — Governor Eric Holcomb signed an executive order Thursday. Holcomb outlined several new efforts, including:
- The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has suspended the one-week waiting period that is required before paying unemployment benefits to allow claimants to receive their checks more quickly. The suspension is retroactive to March 8, 2020.
- Hoosiers with chronic health issues will be able to receive a 90-day supply of their non-controlled prescription medication, such as insulin or cholesterol medications.
- Medicaid recipients can use their benefits to cover costs of using alternate forms of transportation, such as ride-sharing services, for appointments to see their healthcare providers.
- The Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) has additional funding flexibility to allow for additional home delivery of meals.
- The Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) has extended deadlines related to local government finances.
You can read the full executive order here.