INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana reported 39 additional COVID-19 deaths Saturday, raising the confirmed total to 8,055. Another 355 probable deaths have been reported based on diagnoses, although no positive tests were recorded.
On Thursday, a bell tolled 121 times at St. Andrew Episcopal Church in Kokomo for each Howard County resident who has died from COVID-19. Prayer flags were also hung for people who died. Church member Karen Altergott Roberts says, “To remember and lift up a life is very fulfilling.”
(This story was originally published on January 2, 2021)
- BREAKING: FBI arrests Owensboro man in connection to Capitol riot
- Evansville City Council to consider ordinance creating Commission on Food Security
- Plans for Strassenfest 2021 moving forward
- DEVELOPING: Body found in submerged vehicle
- COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund announces 12th round of allocations