Ind. (WEHT) — Governor Eric Holcomb has amended the requirement for masks to be worn in schools.
In a recent executive order, the mandatory mask order for schools has now been modified to allow students to remove masks in the classroom when they are able to maintain at least 3-6 feet of distance between students.
Teachers must still wear a mask unless they can keep a 6 foot distance from students.
Holcomb said he consulted with the Indiana State Department of Health and the Indiana chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
(This story was originally published on August 3, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Henderson native Adm. Kimmel remembered as effort to restore rank goes on
- Smithsonian documentary to feature Evansville museum, pilot
- Trial moved for Evansville man charged with dealing deadly drug
- Robbery suspect pleads guilty in multi-county crime spree
- Man charged in toddler’s overdose death requests change of venue