FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT) — Kentucky residents will have to wear face masks in public a while longer.
Governor Andy Beshear has extended the Commonwealth’s mask mandate for another 30 days.
He also promises more strict enforcement, as Kentucky struggles with surging numbers.
Beshear says the Commonwealth is on pace to set another record high for weekly cases.
He adds that the mask-wearing requirement follows recommendations from President Trump’s administration.
(This story was originally published on October 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- EFD breaks down door, blocked by burning object
- Evansville house fire suspected to be arson
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft