FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (WEHT)- The 101st Airborne Division announced that “about 40 soldiers” returned to Fort Campbell after helping in COVID-19 relief efforts in the northeastern United States.
The soldiers, assigned to the 501st Medical Company, were deployed in April to provide support to over 4,000 Department of Defense service members in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
The soldiers are undergoing a mandatory quarantine under the supervision of Fort Campbell medical personnel. An official welcome home ceremony is being planned once the quarantine period is over, but no details have been released.
Additional Fort Campbell soldiers remain deployed in the northeast and are scheduled to return at a later date.
- Health provider back steps on letter misinforming patients
- Poll: Evansville City Council floats three budget amendments
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Foundation awards more than $25,000 to Owensboro schools
- Ron’s Forecast for Friday, September 18