FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (WEHT)- The 101st Airborne Division announced that “about 40 soldiers” returned to Fort Campbell after helping in COVID-19 relief efforts in the northeastern United States.
The soldiers, assigned to the 501st Medical Company, were deployed in April to provide support to over 4,000 Department of Defense service members in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
The soldiers are undergoing a mandatory quarantine under the supervision of Fort Campbell medical personnel. An official welcome home ceremony is being planned once the quarantine period is over, but no details have been released.
Additional Fort Campbell soldiers remain deployed in the northeast and are scheduled to return at a later date.
- Indiana BMV to resume driving skills exams
- WATCH LIVE: Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb gives COVID-19 update
- Traveling City Hall will now be a Feed Evansville pick-up location
- Packers: No fans at practices, Family Night, or preseason games
- Long time local financial advisor earn higher designations