HENDERSON, Ky (WEHT) Henderson City officials are taking precautions against the coronavirus and will be closing the Henderson Municipal Center beginning Tuesday.
The center will be closed until further notice.
While the utility customer service area inside the building will be closed to the public, customers may pay utility bills using the two drive-thru lanes on the east side of the building.
Payments may also be dropped off at the City of Henderson utility drop box in the parking lot of The Depot building at 101 N. Water St. Customers should take care to use the city drop box and not the Henderson County Public Library book drop box located nearby.
The Henderson County Public Library is also making these changes in response to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Starting March 17, 2020, library hours will be 9-5.
- All Mobile Library stops are cancelled until March 30, 2020.
- All programming is cancelled until March 30, 2020.
- We are encouraging all patrons to keep their library materials until March 30, 2020. Library users will not be charged late fees during this period.
- Existing meeting room reservations for community groups with fewer than 50 attendees will be honored.
The Henderson Board of Commissioners is having a scheduled meeting on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. However, for public health reasons, citizens are discouraged from attending. The meeting will be televised on Spectrum Channel 200 as usual. It will also be live-streamed at the City website at www.CityofHendersonKy.org.
Right now, there are not any confirmed cases of coronavirus in our Tri-State area.
(This story was originally published on March 16, 2020)