LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Rep. Attica Scott has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Courier-Journal reports the Louisville Democrat took the test last week and got the results back on Sunday. in a video posted to social media, Scott says she is going to adhere to health department guidelines and self-quarantine for the next 14 days.
Scott’s announcement comes as Kentucky is reporting a record number of positive coronavirus cases for the second straight week. The 4,742 confirmed cases for the week ending Sunday topped the record 4,503 cases from the previous week.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- 151 pounds of meth seized in major Owensboro drug bust
- Henderson authorities investigating late night mobile home fire
- Tell City ranks as #1 as best small city to live in if you work from home
- Henderson man charged after allegedly pointing gun at another person
- Evansville woman arrested in connection to infant death