BOONVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Warrick County Coroner Sarah Seaton tells Eyewitness News a 100-year-old woman and a 98-year-old man at Woodmont Health Campus have died from COVID-19. There have now been 12 deaths from the disease at the facility.
43 COVID-19 cases were reported at the facility September 17. A resident, 98, at Transcendent Healthcare in Boonville died Wednesday in a Vanderburgh Co. hospital. On Thursday, Pike County reported 45 new cases, and health officials says many are at a long-term care facility.
Also on Thursday, Pine Haven Health and Rehab Center, which saw an outbreak over the summer, reported they are coronavirus-free.
(This story was originally published on Oct. 2, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- LIVE NOW: Gov. Beshear gives daily COVID-19 press conference
- IDPH: 12,542 new confirmed & probable COVID-19 cases; 125 additional deaths
- LIVE: US panel to decide who should get first COVID-19 vaccine shots
- Coronavirus outbreak at another Kentucky nursing home
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds