BOONVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Warrick County Coroner Sarah Seaton tells Eyewitness News a 100-year-old woman and a 98-year-old man at Woodmont Health Campus have died from COVID-19. There have now been 12 deaths from the disease at the facility.
43 COVID-19 cases were reported at the facility September 17. A resident, 98, at Transcendent Healthcare in Boonville died Wednesday in a Vanderburgh Co. hospital. On Thursday, Pike County reported 45 new cases, and health officials says many are at a long-term care facility.
Also on Thursday, Pine Haven Health and Rehab Center, which saw an outbreak over the summer, reported they are coronavirus-free.
(This story was originally published on Oct. 2, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- Daviess County educators get their second dose of the COVID vaccine
- Breast milk of vaccinated mothers may protect babies from COVID-19, study suggests
- CDC chief urges Americans to ‘double down’ on COVID-19 prevention measures as states lift mask mandates
- Gov. Holcomb receives COVID-19 vaccine at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Can you spread coronavirus after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?