INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s hospitalizations for COVID-19 patients has remained at record levels during the Thanksgiving weekend as the statewide daily average of coronavirus-related deaths continues its steep increases.
The Indiana State Department of Health’s daily update on Saturday reported 69 more coronavirus deaths occurring over the past several days. Those raised the state’s seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 deaths to 56 per day, more than five times the rate in late September.
November has been Indiana’s deadliest COVID-19 month and health officials have repeatedly raised concerns about Thanksgiving gatherings leading to another surge in cases.
(This story was originally published on November 28, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Daviess County Jail limiting visitors due to COVID outbreak
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left