OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT)- Owensboro Public Schools released a list of locations where students under 18 years old can get free breakfast and lunch throughout the first two weeks of the district’s closure.
Meals will be delivered via school bus Monday through Friday between March 16 and March 27. Since Spring Break is scheduled for March 30-April 3, schools will not be able to provide meals during that time.
Breakfast will be served between 8:15 and 10:05 AM for ten minutes at each stop while lunch will be served for 15 minutes at each stop between 11 AM and 1:20 PM.
All meals will be prepared ahead of time, individually wrapped, and handed out by school nutrition personnel to limit the number of people who come in contact with the food. The meals are meant to be consumed at home, not at the site.
Feeding Site Locations
- Corner of E 7th St. & JR Miller Blvd.
- Colonel House
- Dixiana Court
- Corner of Goose Egg Park & W 3rd St.
- Cadillac Motel
- Corner of Chesterfield Rd. & River Road
- Kendall-Perkins Park
- Max Rhoads Park
- Moreland Park
- Cravens Pool
- Lincolnshire Apartments
- Daviess County Public Library
- Corner of 8th & Maple St.
- Smothers Park
- Corner of Bolivar & 7th St.
- Oney’s Apartments
- Rolling Heights (Meals will be delivered via bus or OPS labeled vehicle)
- Owensboro High School (Drive-Thru)
- Owensboro Middle School (Drive-Thru)
Right now, there are not any confirmed cases of coronavirus in our Tri-State area.
(This story was originally published on March 13, 2020)