The Green River District Health Department is reporting two more deaths from COVID-19 in their area.
One patient was from Daviess County, the other was from Henderson. To date, five people in Daviess County and four people in Henderson have died from the virus.
The GRDHD covers Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union and Webster counties.
In total, there have been 10 deaths in the GRDHD area. The recovery rate in these seven counties is 73-percent.
GRDHD is offering curbside testing at their clinic sites in McLean and Webster counties Tuesday. Their mobile unit will is doing testing Tuesday in Fordsville and Ohio County.
The district will do testing Wednesday in Daviess, Hancock, Henderson and Union counties. To schedule an appointment visit the GRDHD website.
(This story was originally published on May 19, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- ‘Joints for Jabs’: Activist groups give weed to vaccinated people on 4/20
- US expands ‘Do Not Travel’ advisory to 80% of countries amid pandemic
- New Texas COVID-19 variant resistant to antibodies, researchers say
- EVSC and VCHD to host vaccine clinics at area high schools
- Beshear urges younger adults to pick up vaccination pace