FRANKFORT, Ky (WEHT) Governor Andy Beshear announced expanded COVID-19 testing and detailed the next phases of reopening the state.
Beshear said he hopes the state will reach phase 2 by May 22. Phase 2 includes reopening restaurants at limited capacity, reopening movie theaters and campgrounds.
The governor also announced a new partnership with First Care Clinics to offer drive-thru testing 7 days a week.
First Care Clinics cover most insurance planes and Medicare/Medicaid. First Care also has a program for people without health care coverage so they can get tested.
You will not need to have coronavirus symptoms to get tested.
Kentucky also now has an interactive map so you can find locations to get tested for COVID-19.
(This story was originally published on May 7, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- Which states are the best (and worst) to have a baby?
- PHOTOS: Royals fan cutouts feature stormtrooper, ‘Weekend At Bernie’s’
- Former WWE wrestler Kamala dies from COVID-19
- University of Evansville’s commencement postponed to 2021