FRANKFORT, Ky (WEHT) Governor Andy Beshear announced expanded COVID-19 testing and detailed the next phases of reopening the state.
Beshear said he hopes the state will reach phase 2 by May 22. Phase 2 includes reopening restaurants at limited capacity, reopening movie theaters and campgrounds.
The governor also announced a new partnership with First Care Clinics to offer drive-thru testing 7 days a week.
First Care Clinics cover most insurance planes and Medicare/Medicaid. First Care also has a program for people without health care coverage so they can get tested.
You will not need to have coronavirus symptoms to get tested.
Kentucky also now has an interactive map so you can find locations to get tested for COVID-19.
(This story was originally published on May 7, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- Cemeteries prepare for Memorial Day
- Coronavirus slams couple struggling to feed young daughter
- Memorial Day weekend draws crowds and triggers warnings
- WATCH: Health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 24
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker releases business guidelines ahead of new reopening phase