HENDERSON, Ky (WEHT) Henderson Mayor Steve Austin and Henderson County Judge-Executive Brad Schneider are co-hosting a “Community Conversation on COVID-19.”
The Green River District Health Department urges citizens to remain vigilant about their personal safety with the same universal precautions they would recommend with any outbreak of disease.
Here are some basics:
- Avoid close contact. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others. Don’t require sick employees to report to work.
- Cover your mouth and nose. It may prevent those around you from getting sick. Flu and other serious respiratory illnesses are spread by cough, sneezing, or unclean hands.
- Clean your hands. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
(This story was originally published on March 9, 2020)