Daviess County fire crews have put out a fire at the Utica Food Mart on Highway 431.
The building at the intersection of Kentucky Highway 140 was reported to be on fire just after 9:00 AM Friday morning.
The Utica Volunteer Fire Department said a grease fire in the kitchen area is to blame.
A volunteer firefighter was in or near the food mart when the fire started, which is one of the reasons being attributed to why it was put out quickly.
The food mart also works as a gas station.
(This story was originally published on January 5, 2018)