SLAUGHTERS, Ky (WEHT) Authorities have arrested Alvie Martin after a brief stand-off.
The Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office was called to a home on Highbanks Ferry Road around 10:48 p.m. on Wednesday. Two victims claimed they had been assaulted by Martin.
The sheriff’s office says Martin came out of the home with a rifle and “made statements that deputies would not take him alive.” A brief standoff ensued, and Martin surrendered to authorities.
He is being held in the Hopkins County Jail on wanton endangerment and assault charges.
(This story was originally published on Nov. 5, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- EPD will not require officers to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Several changes coming to Vanderburgh Superior Court beginning Monday
- Evansville officials encourage residents to ‘love local’ businesses
- Old National Events Plaza receives national award
- Eligibility rules for Daviess Co. bar and restaurant fund explained