EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WHET) – A 19-year-old man was arrested and charged Tuesday after Evansville police said he fired shots to intimidate others. At about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, the Evansville Police Department was called to the 800 block of Adams Avenue for a call of shots being fired.
One of the victims told police that he and the other victim, a juvenile, were walking on the sidewalk in the area when a car pulled up next to them. After a brief conversation, both victims started to walk away when they heard gunfire coming from the vehicle. Neither victim was struck by the gunfire, but bullet holes were found in a house, police said.
With the help of the victims, police found the car in the 1300 block of Ridgeway Avenue. Shaundae Alexander Winters was found in an apartment nearby and arrested. He was charged with criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, intimidation, and two counts of criminal mischief.
(This story was originally published on January 13, 2021)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Daviess County Jail limiting visitors due to COVID outbreak
- You may not have to pay back your stimulus checks but there are more tax changes coming
- Biden to reopen ACA insurance exchanges, sign health care orders
- US secures indictment against Oath Keeper members over plot to storm US Capitol
- ‘Immunity bubbles’? What you shouldn’t do after getting the COVID vaccine