EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Evansville Police are investigating after being called to a home on Cumberland Avenue between Dearborn and Emerson streets Friday morning about an infant not breathing.
Police say the mother called 911 around 5:45 a.m. when she discovered her one and a half month old child wasn’t breathing. The mother said she had fallen asleep with the child in the bed.
First responders tried to resuscitate the infant, but the child was pronounced dead on the scene. The incident is under investigation.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- Violent crimes on the rise
- Greenville woman charged with meth trafficking
- Feds charge seven for meth trafficking in Owensboro
- UPDATE: Police say missing 6-month-old found safe after Amber Alert
- Mt. Carmel man arrested for possession of 65 cannabis plants