EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Evansville Police are investigating after being called to a home on Cumberland Avenue between Dearborn and Emerson streets Friday morning about an infant not breathing.
Police say the mother called 911 around 5:45 a.m. when she discovered her one and a half month old child wasn’t breathing. The mother said she had fallen asleep with the child in the bed.
First responders tried to resuscitate the infant, but the child was pronounced dead on the scene. The incident is under investigation.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- One arrested after reported shooting behind a convenience store in Hopkins County
- Juvenile says he was robbed by four people, then shot in the chest
- Madisonville police arrest man after $200K of suspected meth found in car
- Juvenile shot Thursday night in Evansville near Virginia Food Market
- EPD searching for credit card fraud suspect