MARKHAM, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say a Kentucky man has been arrested in suburban Chicago after parts of his girlfriend’s body were found in duffel bags he had toted aboard a Greyhound bus from Louisville, Kentucky. Markham city spokesman Michael Taylor said Wednesday that 30-year-old Melvin Martin Jr. has been charged with fleeing prosecution. Taylor says Martin was arrested Monday at the Markham Public Library after curious family members looked into the bags. He says a severed head and other body parts were found in the bags, and police in Kentucky found the woman’s torso. The woman was identified as 31-year-old Ladawndra Ellington.
(This story was originally published on September 19, 2020)
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES:
- Madionsville woman charged with murder following death of shooting victim
- EPD looking for suspect accused of credit card fraud at Best Buy
- Drugs and guns taken off the street after traffic stop in Knox County
- Chicago tops list of most corrupt city in US, report says
- Two people arrested after falling asleep in “galaxy car”