MARKHAM, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say a Kentucky man has been arrested in suburban Chicago after parts of his girlfriend’s body were found in duffel bags he had toted aboard a Greyhound bus from Louisville, Kentucky. Markham city spokesman Michael Taylor said Wednesday that 30-year-old Melvin Martin Jr. has been charged with fleeing prosecution. Taylor says Martin was arrested Monday at the Markham Public Library after curious family members looked into the bags. He says a severed head and other body parts were found in the bags, and police in Kentucky found the woman’s torso. The woman was identified as 31-year-old Ladawndra Ellington.
(This story was originally published on September 19, 2020)
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES:
- KSP looking for suspected bicycle thieves
- ‘I was so scared’: Pumpkin thrown off overpass smashes through student’s windshield
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Beware of church donation phone scams