KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — The Knox County Coroner made her first appearance in court on Monday in relation to drug possession charges.
Karen Donovan appeared for her initial hearing in Knox County Superior Court in a case involving felony possession of meth and a misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance charge related to prescription pills.
According to the Knox County Prosecutor’s Office, during Monday’s hearing Donovan informed the court she would be hiring a lawyer to represent her going forward. Due to the case involving a felony charge, a preliminary plea of not-guilty was entered on behalf of Donovan.
- Knox Co. Coroner arrested on multiple charges
- Knox County Coroner’s pay withheld prior to arrest
- Court Docs: Knox Coroner had prescriptions from deceased person in her bedroom
- Knox County Commissioners vote 3-0 to oust Donovan
- Initial court date set for Knox County Coroner
Judge Brian M. Johnson set Donovan’s pre-trial conference date for July 17 at 2:45 p.m.