A Dubois County man has been hospitalized after flames take over his garage — causing small explosions.
Our media partner News Now Dubois County reports this happened just west of Huntingburg on Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say the fire ignited propane tanks causing them to explode.
They’re now waiting to interview the man to determine a cause.
“We do not believe that the vehicles were the cause of them. Both vehicles inside the garage had received significant damage. I would say one is absolutely totaled,” Capt. John C. Smith with the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department said.
The victim was transported to the University of Louisville Hospital for his injuries.
At last check, he was still being treated there.