EFD: House fire in Evansville ruled accidental

News

Firefighters have ruled a house fire in Evansville accidental.

The Evansville Fire Department says a generator started a fire inside a home on East Columbia Street on Monday afternoon.

The fire started in the back and spread to both floors.

No one was hurt, but the house has extensive damage. It’s considered a total loss.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on February 26, 2019)

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.