EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union (ETFCU) President and CEO Bill Schirmer has been named the 2019 CEO of the Year by the National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU).
Schirmer will receive the award Wednesday, June 19 at NAFCU’s annual convention in New Orleans.
NAFCU represents the nation’s 5,572 federally chartered credit unions.
NAFCU based Schirmer’s award on ETFCU’s 2018 numbers:
- Returned more than $3.8 million to members in free checking benefits, including interest, rewards and outside ATM reimbursements.
- Added nearly 15,000 new members to increased total membership to more than 207,000.
- Increased net worth by $15.2 million for total equity of $160 million.
- Grew total assets by $190 million to $1.65 billion.
- Returned more than $580,000 to the communities it serves through scholarships, sponsorships, and donations.