The Evansville Museum is holding their International Drone Film Festival this March.
The Evansville Museum International Drone Festival is a film competition which the museum says, “offer[s] a unique overview of the development in trends and techniques of drone cinematography.”
The film festival offers an international platform for filmmakers to exhibit their work as well as compete for cash prizes.
Screenings of winning entries and shortlisted films will take place inside the dome of the Museum’s Koch Immersive Theater throughout the festival.
The festival is a day-long event which will feature drone vendors, drone demonstrations and giveaways.
Grand Prize Awards
- Best of Show
- Best Tri-State Film (films submitted from Indiana, Kentucky & Illinois)
- Best Student Entry (entries by students)
- People’s Choice Award (picked during event)
- Short Film (Using a Drone to tell a Story)
- Land, Sky, Water, Air (Landscapes, Nature, Urban)
- Extreme Video (Drone Racing, Sports, Fast-Paced Videos)
Open Category (Films that Do Not Fit in Other Categories)
Click here for more information.
(This story was originally published on January 23, 2018)