The Department of Parks and Recreation and the Evansville Trails Coalition have scheduled a series of winter hikes designed to encourage citizens to participate in year-round outdoor physical activities.
The Winter Hike Series is a family and pet-friendly walk to be held at different local park facilities.
Participants are encouraged to walk at their own pace.
The 2019 Winter Hikes Series schedule is as follows. Distances are approximate.
- Sunday, Feb. 10, 2 p.m. — Howell Wetlands/1 miles or 3 miles
- Saturday, Feb 16, 10 a.m. — Wesselman Park/1.5 miles or 3 miles
- Sunday, Feb. 17, 2 p.m. — Greenway Passage (Riverfront)/3 miles or 6 miles
- Saturday, Feb 23, 10 a.m. — Garvin Park/1.5, 3, or 4 miles
- Sunday, Feb 24, 2 p.m. — Deaconess Sports Park/2 or 4 miles
- Saturday, Mar. 2, 10 a.m. — State Hospital/3 or 5 miles
- Sunday, Mar. 3, 2 p.m. — Igleheart Park/1 or 3 miles
Punch cards will be available to track attendance for rewards at the end of the series.
To download Winter Hike Maps, click here.
(This story was originally published on February 5, 2019)