(WEHT)- While the Indy 500 won’t be happening this Memorial Day, one Indiana food bank used the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to host possibly the largest food giveaway in Indiana history.
Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana provided groceries for 5,000 households, giving away up to 40 pounds of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, and dairy products for recipients.
The food drive even got an assist from some IndyCar drivers who helped support the event.
- Newburgh woman arrested following traffic stop
- Kanye West announces White House bid
- Man arrested after reportedly driving 105 MPH
- Somerville woman arrested on gun charges
- Evansville bar closed temporarily after customer, employee test positive for COVID-19