GIBSON COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- Gibson County Fair organizers say this year’s event has been canceled amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Officials say this is only the sixth time the fair has been canceled in the event’s 169 year history and the first time since 1942. The fair had been planned for July 5-11.
The Fair Board says it will now turn its energy towards planning the 2021 Gibson County Fair.
(This story was originally published on June 6, 2020)
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – Daily Dish (07/02/20)
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- Newsfeed Now: Coronavirus concerns; Officers rescue dog from storm drain
- Closing bars to stop coronavirus spread is backed by science
- Kansas City Royals putting cutouts of fans in stands to fill seats during games