GIBSON COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- Gibson County Fair organizers say this year’s event has been canceled amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Officials say this is only the sixth time the fair has been canceled in the event’s 169 year history and the first time since 1942. The fair had been planned for July 5-11.
The Fair Board says it will now turn its energy towards planning the 2021 Gibson County Fair.
(This story was originally published on June 6, 2020)
- Off by one number: Missouri girl inundated with phone calls from Arizonans looking for vaccine
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Is there life after death? Businessman offers nearly $1 million to find out