OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT)- The Great Race, a cross country driving competition featuring 150 classic cars, is now scheduled to pass through Owensboro August 26th.
The race was originally scheduled to come through Owensboro June 24th but was delayed “given current circumstances.” The event features music and vendors at each stop along its 2,300 mile journey from San Antonio, Texas to Greenville, S.C.
Over 35,000 people attended the race in 2019 and is expected to pass through downtown Owensboro on Veterans Blvd.
(This story was originally published on June 16, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- LIVE NOW: Gov. Beshear gives daily COVID-19 press conference
- IDPH: 12,542 new confirmed & probable COVID-19 cases; 125 additional deaths
- Person of interest in Evansville firefighter’s murder sentenced on weapons charges
- Coronavirus outbreak at another Kentucky nursing home
- Emergency repairs to navigational lighting on Natcher Bridge