Elite high school basketball is coming to the Owensboro Sportscenter on March 8-11.
The international boys’ basketball tournament presented by Tanager Sports features top ranked teams from 10 states and Canada.
Tournament organizers said the tournament will feature 14 of the top 100 players in the country and 76 players have committed to or have Division I offers.
“Many of the 200 players competing in this tournament are nationally ranked and already have major Division I college scholarship offers. This tournament is even bigger than the nationally known Marshall County Hoopfest,” said Grind Session World Championship Tournament organizer Dan Hudson.
- Charles Bassey, ESPN’s number three ranked player in the class of 2019
- Kyree Walker, ESPN’s number six player in the class of 2020
- Luguentz Dort, Arizona State signee and 5-star rated player
Tickets are $10 for bleachers and $12 for chairback seats per session.
There are five sessions.
Here’s a list of the teams in the tournament:
- Trinity International- Nevada
- The Rock- Florida
- St. Louis Christian- Missouri
- Orangeville Prep- Canada
- Athlete Institute- Canada
- Believe Academy- Tennessee
- Victory Rock- Florida
- Bella Vista- Arizona
- Mountain Mission- Virginia
- Tennessee Prep- Tennessee
- Aspire Academy- Kentucky
- Hillcrest Prep- Arizona
- Lincoln Prep- Georgia
- Our Saviour Lutheran- New York
- Wesley Christian- Kentucky
- Prolific Prep- California
- West Oaks- Florida
(This story was originally published on March 5, 2018)