Henderson Landfill will begin accepting credit, debit card payments

henderson landfill FOR WEB_1509530706862.jpg

The City of Henderson Landfill is giving its customers additional ways to pay for its service.

On November 5, 2018, the Henderson Landfill will accept credit and debit card payments. Currently, the landfill only accepts cash and check payments. Customers will not have to pay additional fees for the card payments but will still need to show proof of residency.

For the Transfer Station/Convenience Center (regular household trash), there will be no charge to Henderson City and County residents. For businesses and out of Henderson County residents, it will cost $38.75 per ton, with a minimum $10 charge plus state fee.

CD&D (construction debris, limbs, dirt, concrete and “top of the hill” material):
    $5 for up to 400 pounds for Henderson City/County residential customers.
    $25 per ton prorated for Henderson City/County residential customers.
    $12 for up to 400 pounds for Henderson City/County commercial customers.
    $60 per ton prorated for Henderson City/County commercial customers.
    $18 for up to 400 pounds for out of Henderson County residents.
    $90 per ton prorated for out of Henderson County residents.
Last year, the landfill reached capacity, so the charges were set to offset disposal fees and the cost of transporting CD&D material to the Daviess County landfill.

The landfill is open Monday through Saturday starting at 7 a.m. Customers need to be out by 3:30 p.m.

Recycling can be dropped off at no charge to the Recycling Center located at 398 Sam Ball Way. The center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to Noon. There are also collection containers outside the gates when the Recycling Center is closed.

Items accepted at the Recycling Center include:
–Cardboard and mix board (Cereal boxes, pop boxes etc.) 
–Electronics (no TV’s or computer screens) flat computer screens accepted. 
–Used oil filters, USED OIL 
–Metal, including metal cans.(no tanks of any kind) 
–Aluminum cans 
–Appliances (Freon removed by EPA approved process before it comes to the recycling center and line cut or your appliance will be refused). 
–Newspaper, office paper and mail 
–Plastic bottles / Plastics #1 thru #7 (no Styrofoam) 
-Glass bottles (no plate glass, windows or doorframes) 
–Lead acid batteries and regular household batteries 
–Tires (residential only) 
–Magazines, books, and grocery bags.

For more information on how to recycle, call 270-827-1979.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.
(This story was originally published on mmmmm dd, 2017)

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories