SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The Illinois Department of Transportation’s “Life or Death Illinois” campaign has received recognition from a national association.
The American Association of State Highway Transportation Officials awarded the campaign its Excel Award, honoring communications work. Fellow state departments of transportation determine the winner.
The campaign began in 2018, aiming to reduce injuries and deaths tied to motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, seat-belt use and work zones. It also focuses on impaired and distracted driving.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 4, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- EPD investigating after home hit by car
- Alumni, faculty protest University of Evansville realignment plan
- Police presence cleared after welfare check at downtown apartment
- Teenager shot in Evansville is recovering after two surgeries, according to GoFundMe
- Huey the Baird’s Tapir at Mesker Park Zoo dies