CHICAGO (AP) — An Illinois woman who ordered a department store gift for her grandmother also got a surprise when the package arrived: someone’s apparent COVID-19 test specimen.
The Quad City Times reports that Andrea Ellis found the test in a biohazard bag when she opened a padded envelope containing garden flags from Kohl’s. There was also identifying information of a person from Virginia.
Rock Island County health officials have picked up the bag and are determining their next steps. Kohl’s says it is aware of this “very unusual and inexplicable” situation and is investigating the package, which it says was sent by a third-party vendor.
(This story was originally published on December 21, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office apprehend fleeing suspect
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial in June
- HCSO: Henderson County woman falls asleep while driving, hits garbage truck