SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a 9-year-old boy was fatally shot at his family’s home in South Bend while juveniles were playing with a gun.
Police officers were called to the home about 12:30 a.m. Sunday where they found Tre’von Barnett had been shot. The St. Joseph County prosecutor’s office says emergency workers declared him dead at the scene.
The initial investigation indicates the shooting happened while juveniles were playing with a gun and that no adults were involved. No arrests were immediately made.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the
Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 16, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Organization launches demonstration over Supreme Court pick
- Bosse Field hosting Field of Dreams movie night
- Green River District Health Department reports single-day COVID-19 cases record
- Warrick Co. nursing home resident dies from COVID-19
- WKU President discusses challenges on college campus during pandemic