MARTIN CO, Ind (WEHT) On September 23, officers were flagged down by a woman claiming she had just been battered at a home south of Loogootee.
After speaking with the victim, officers went to home and spoke with the alleged suspect, who was identified as Carolyn Shipp.
Officers say Shipp allowed them inside where they saw what they believed was methamphetamine and paraphernalia in plain sight. She was detained and taken to the Martin County Security Center when she refused to let officers search her home.
After a search warrant was granted by Judge Lynne Ellis, officers found and seized six grams of methamphetamine, a handgun, scale, baggies, syringe, marijuana, and paraphernalia.
Shipp is facing four felony charges and three misdemeanor charges.
(This story was originally published on September 28, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside
- McLean County man arrested after motorcycle pursuit
- Governor: Kentucky resumes COVID-19 surge preparations