INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s Republican state schools superintendent is crossing party lines again to endorse the Democratic state attorney general candidate.
Democrat Jonathan Weinzapfel announced the endorsement Thursday from schools Superintendent Jennifer McCormick. She says Weinzapfel “has a well-earned reputation for bipartisan problem solving.” The former Evansville mayor is running against Republican former U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita.
The state Republican Party said McCormick’s endorsement of Weinzapfel wasn’t surprising after she supported a Democratic state senator’s unsuccessful bid for governor. The GOP says “Todd Rokita is far-and-away the best candidate in this race to defend our constitutional rights.”
(This story was originally published on Sept. 10, 2020)
- New agreement reached for SKI distribution in the Tri-State
- Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Beer to be released in multiple states. Yes Virginia, you’re included
- Authorities investigating after apparent murder suicide in Webster County
- Family mourning after loss due to COVID-19
- Congressman Brett Guthrie leads hearing on COVID-19 vaccine