(WEHT)- While the Indy 500 won’t be happening this Memorial Day, one Indiana food bank used the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to host possibly the largest food giveaway in Indiana history.
Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana provided groceries for 5,000 households, giving away up to 40 pounds of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, and dairy products for recipients.
The food drive even got an assist from some IndyCar drivers who helped support the event.
- Senate passes bill to avoid government shutdown hours before deadline
- Tri-State volunteer heading to California for relief
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House
- Man arrested in ambush of 2 Los Angeles County deputies
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community