(WEHT)- The State of Indiana is looking for civic-minded people to work the polls on election day this year.
There are two requirements to work as a poll worker in Indiana: people must be a registered voter and a resident in the county they wish to work in. A program called Election Day Live is also recruiting 16 and 17-year-olds to work the polls.
Depending on the county, Hoosiers can earn up to $150 for their service. To sign up, people must contact their county election office or their local party representative.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- EPD will not require officers to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Several changes coming to Vanderburgh Superior Court beginning Monday
- Evansville officials encourage residents to ‘love local’ businesses
- Old National Events Plaza receives national award
- Eligibility rules for Daviess Co. bar and restaurant fund explained