INDIANAPOLIS (WEHT)- Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb has signed an executive order deploying Indiana National Guard members to protect state properties from further damage.
The news comes after two nights of violent protests that followed peaceful protests during the day. The executive order also requires members of the Indiana National Guard to be on standby to protect communities statewide.
Holcomb activated the state’s Reactionary Guard Saturday but no deployment was required.
(This story was originally published on May 31, 2020)
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall
- Owensboro man facing attempted murder charge after allegedly stabbing officer in face
- Don’t fall for harvest season driving hazards
- Ginsburg’s impact on women spanned age groups, backgrounds
- Born to prevent war, UN at 75 faces deeply polarized world